Competitive Intelligence Review
Who should participate?
Market Research Consultant
Programme Business Objectives
The Competitive Intelligence Review (CIR) program is designed to help you develop in-house capability to carry out intelligence gathering. From carrying out best practice research on a specific business decision, you will develop a framework to replicate this continuously on other projects. This allows business decisions to become more strategic thereby increasing the likelihood of achieving your plans successfully. By the end of this process you should have:
- Enough information to help you make an immediate, significant business decision on a topic that you have selected
- The skills to keep your knowledge base up to date and relevant for future business decisions
3 Step Learning Approach
1. At the Start of the programme
A. We need you to be clear about the following two questions.
- What core business question do you need to answer?
- Who is doing the research and who is the senior management sponsor?
2. As you move through the programme
- Take a look a key terms in the Glossary entry, add any you think we’ve missed.
- Ask questions, view other answers on the Participant Forum.
- Review Enterprise Ireland Market Research Center
- Review Market Research Center guide on Moodle
- Schedule visit to the Market Research Center, by emailing email@example.com
3 - At the end of the programme
A. Round up consultant call to summarize actions and next steps
B. Conduct in-company review
• Review the outcomes within your company leading towards informed decisions
• Analyse your skills now compared to the start of the Competitive Intelliigence Review Process
• Map out the right skillset for the next 12 months for you and your team
C. Sales & Marketing Unit Checkback – Schedule a call with your Sales & Marketing Unit functional specialist to explore next steps. This may include introduction to overseas offices or further actions to support next steps etc
D. Feedback is given on the process by filling out a survey
This course is delivered using a blended learning approach. Blended learning involves:
- using the online Learning Management System or LMS
- speaking with your consultant and
- coming into enterprise Ireland Market Research Centre
The purpose of this approach is to ensure you are fully supported while carrying out the research within your day to day role.
Please note interactions with your consultant will be via skype or phone call and visits to our market research centre can be arranged by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is recommended that you liaise with your facilitator to maximise the visit.
You will be given access to the LMS upon course sign up.
Special modules featured online include:
- Quantitative Research
- Qualitative Research
- Competitor analysis
- Market sizing & validation
- Environmental analysis
You will be directed towards the most appropriate module for your business need by your consultant. Even though your project will focus on one area, you’ll have access to all the guides for further research once the CIR programme is completed.
Sales and marketing in the news